ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 16:36:31 -0700
Lyn,

Every year's end there is a climbing team the climbs to the top of Pike's
Peak and then shoots off fire works from the top.  You can literally see if
for over 60 miles.  I don't think they climbed this year since we had 2 and
3 feet on the groun.  Who knows how much they had on the Peak.  Colorado has
57 hiking trails that cross over the 14,000 foot level.  I have a 30 year
old nephew who has almost hiked all 57 trails.  You couldn't pay me to climb
even one.  The highest I have been is 12,300 feet and that was in a car.  It
was 90 degrees in Denver when we left to drive up to Mount Evans and by the
time we got to the top, it was snow and sleeting and a snow plow was
clearing the road.  I got out of the car and walked 50 feet and almost had a
heart attack, sort of speak, and I was 18 years old at the time.  I changed
my mind about climbing Mount Everest in Nepal about that time of my life,
grin.

Phil.