ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2006 11:52:38 -0500
Four Questions for Commitment

Exodus 3: 1-15

In order to truly offer ourselves to the Lord with complete commitment, we,
like Moses, must answer three key questions.

. Who is God? In Exodus 3, the Lord started the dialogue by using a burning
bush to get Moses' attention (v. 2); then He introduced Himself as the God
of
his forefathers. (v. 6) No less than four times in this passage did God
reiterate His identity. He knew that Moses would be unable to take even the
first
step of faith until he knew the One with whom he was speaking. Likewise, we
cannot wholly give ourselves over to God until we first come to know Him in
Jesus Christ.

. Who am I? Once Moses knew who God was, his next question established a
sharp contrast, as if to say, "Okay, I know who You are, but who am I?"
(Exodus
3:11). Isn't it wonderful that the Lord answered Moses' question with a
promise? In verse 12, He essentially replied, "I will tell you who you are -
you
are the one whom I am with." Here, God gave Moses' life significance based
not in the man's deeds, but in God's own glory. Now, that's a noteworthy
life!

. Why am I here? My friend, there is only one reason why you and I are alive
today: passages like Matthew 5:16, Romans 15:5-6, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, and
1 Peter 2:12 make it perfectly clear that our job is to bring glory and
honor to God by the way we live, the way we speak, and the way we love.

Knowing these truths deep in your heart will revolutionize your commitment
to the Lord. Have you settled them in your heart and mind?