ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David & Rachel Prince, www.newday-prince.me.uk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 20:11:28 +0100

'Beating Pulse.'

 [A Psalm close to the heart of God from the sons of Korah.]

 As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.

Psalm 42:1.

Since the beginning, God has been crazy about you, about me. His desire has always been to be close to us. Have you ever thought that His obsession with us is greater than our obsession with Him?

After all, the whole purpose of creation was so that God could have fellowship. [koinonia]

Even before the beginning began, He had you in mind.

This causes me to ask myself, 'How often do I have God in mind?'

Perhaps a fresh look at Psalm 42 can sum it up like this;- Just as a deer needs the streams of waters for survival and pants for those refreshing waters, so also our souls should long for God.

As we focus, I ask myself, 'Can this visual picture of the deer panting for survival compare with my hearts desire to worship God?

Something tells me that the thirst of a deer is a daily event. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to work that one out. Yet the most significant moments which we can have with our heavenly Father at times can be hard to work into our daily agendas.

Every day is a new day, a fresh opportunity to keep our daily appointment with God.

Be crazy about Him today.

 Let me encourage you with a section of a song which I wrote and as we reflect, remember that God is obsessed with you. After all, you are why Jesus came.

I need to know Your heart O God

To feel Your beating pulse

I need to know You're always there

To hear Your still small voice