ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jackie Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2010 15:51:08 -0700
Hi All,

Many thanks for your prayers, and yes, all did go well.  We had well
over 100 in attendance, not so many for the church service, as
afterwards when we passed out hot dogs, chips, and gospel tracts; and
some of them came in and got acquainted with church members.  Others
saw our announcements in the paper and came by.

I was particularly worried about the song I was to sing, as I was
told before the service that Keith intended to do the song, though it
was brought up weeks before and it was agreed that I would do
it.  Then, it was suggested that we both do it together, and that he
harmonize.  He said that he might not do the correct harmony that was
in the book, and I said that was ok, I wouldn't have either.  But we
had no time before service to practice.  It ended up that he sang
some of the melody with me and some harmony.

Our Pastor spoke about our nation, asking if we were indeed a
Christian nation; and then showing us two clips where President
O'boma said that we werent.  He then cited many examples from
ex-Presidents to the contrary, from President Jefferson to President
Truman.  He further stated, however, that many of our children and
grandchildren weren't taught about Christ and the Bible; and that
this was weakening our society as a whole.  This is all the more
reason why outreach to our communities is so important.

It all turned out to be a very nice day, not only for outreach in
conjunction with the Spanish church, for our community; but also I
think all enjoyed themselves; and who knows, some might read the
gospel tracts and come to know the Lord and we may get a few new
church members, as a result.

I'm glad to hear your piano organ duet went well, Julie.  I wish I
could have been there to hear it.  That is something I would like to
do, is be on the worship team of our church, or at least be more
involved with the music end of it.

Once again, thank you all for your prayers, and I hope you are having
as wonderful a Fourth Of July as I am having today.

God bless you all.

Jackie