ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:06:01 -0600
Vinny,

So good to hear from you.  Thanks for updating us on the whirlwind of events
in your life this summer.  How good God is to take care of your computer
needs.  Isn't it strange how when we think the worst has happened, God turns
it in to a blessing instead.  And how wonderful to allow you to have that
uplifting conversation with your friend before his going home time.  I've
certainly an idea that there are more ore wonderful times to come between
the two of you on glory side.

Carol hasn't been on list but she has been having continuing difficulties
with her ears and back.  Her recent medical apointments have been more on
the positive side than on the negative.    So do continue to remember her in
prayer.

Haven't had an update on Gail for a while.

Vicki

Vinny wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Well it has been one day short of two months since I have been with you =
and I have sure missed you, but I have had a crazy summer thus far.
First of all, on June 22, my computer was either hit by a power surge, =
or lightning--I don't know what.  Or it may have just been =
cooincidental.  The crazy thing is that nothing else plugged into the =
outlet bar was damaged.  There wasn't even a burned out smell from the =
laptop.
The bad thing is that I had let my warrantee lapse with dell just the =
week before.  The wanted to sell me one for $200 to cover two years, and =
I said no.  To fix the mother board without the warrantee would have =
been $850.   the computer was three years old anyway, so I decided to =
get a computer that could work with xp.
As I was shopping around, my church community where I live, an d another =
neighboring church gave me enough money to buy a new computer and =
upgrade my window-eyes.  How the Lord provides.
Now, if you are folling this so far, here comes the twist in the story.
I had a very close friend in Alaska, who is also blind, Paul =
Fitzpatrick.  When my computer blew, I phoned him and told him about it. =
 Previous to this phone call, Paul and I had kind of drifted apart in =
our relationship.  Basically, the reason for that was that he couldn't =
understand why I was not a techie like he was, and I guess he was tired =
of my asking him what to do and how to fix computer situations that I =
would get into.
Anyway, Paul and I had the best talk we had had in a long time, and when =
I hung up, I almost felt high with joy that we had such good =
communication.  So he told me what I needed in a new computer Etc. Etc.
One month ago today on July 21st, a mutual minister for Paul and I came =
to my house and told me that Paul had suddenly gone to be with the Lord =
du to a massive heart attack.  He had been having some health problems, =
but the doctors never diagnosed them correctly.
So my wife and I drove up to Haines Alaska for the memorial service.  =
Well, he had tons and tons of braille things, and no one knew what they =
were, or what to do with them, so I stayed for a week to sort through  I =
had a time deadline so it was quite an exhausting week.
So in all that, it makes me think that the Lord allowed that destroyed =
computer so I could call Paul and have such a great talk with him.  So =
what do you guys think?
Anyway, it's good to be back.  Any of you hear from Carol and Gail?
God bless.
Love to all,
Vinny