ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2014 18:09:53 -0700
Doris,

According to a majority of various poles taken, more than 50 percent of
voting Americans don't want national health care because we already have it
for those who are disabled or there is Medicare for those 65 years and older
which is national.  Plus, we have the VA, or Veterans administration, and
that covers our entire military personnel but it, too, is limited and poorly
managed and poorly maintained as far as health is concerned.  Obama care
hasn't even gotten off the ground and it's already so far behind, people who
once were covered with their own insurance companies are going to be dying
because they can't even get health through the government that will supply
their needs.  and it never will completely do to the charges.  It isn't
free, as most believe, because you literally pay for it yourself and if you
cannot pay the whole thing, money is taken from others to fulfill the
obligation.  Anyone in the United States, including illegal aliens, often
politically called undocumented immigrants, can walk into any hospital
emergency room any time of the day or night and will be cared for even if
they have no insurance of any kind and regardless of what is wrong with
them.  Of course, nothing is free and somebody has to pay for it.  Sandy and
I, for example, paid taxes and for Medicare we now will be on as retired
senior citizens, plus disability insurance, me for 35 years, and Sandy for
over 40 years, so that's a lot of taxes to have paid for health coverage in
our later years we are in right now.  I'm more concerned about our president
not keeping his big mouth shut concerning the Russians at the moment.  He is
going to paint our country right into a corner we won't be able to get out
of and with our reduction of our military services to below pre world war 2,
the U S is going to have a big problem defending itself.  At least Germany
has excellent doctors, well trained, and our military overseas still uses
Germany, as you probably already know, to fly soldiers who have been badly
wounded to for the best care available before they can be sent back to the
states for recovery.  but the UK, and many other nationalist health systems
are not as fortunate.  I am, for example, quite concerned about Carol who
used to be on here because she isn't getting the medical care she could get
here or in Germany, for example.  British employed citizens currently pay at
least 60 percent of all their income for nationalist services which is
mostly health care.  The figures for the upper income Americans pay about
that now, too.  70 percent of all our taxes are paid by people considered to
me upper middle class and upper class starts at 250,000 dollars a year.
Sandy and I paid about 25 percent of our income for taxes but it has changed
so much over the years due to inflation, that is, living expenses, that we
will barely make ends meet living on our social security we paid into, as I
said, for the last 35 and 40 years so that's a total of 75 years of taxes we
paid together.  If we could have invested even half of that, we'd be
considered well to do, or upper middle class, during these later years of
life.  What we will be living on now will be considered in the upper poor
category of income levels.  In short, we will have lost two thirds of our
income we made working a job.  We can still work but your income is limited
but physically, of course, you have to be able to work and I don't fall into
that category.  That's why Sandy wants to find a home employment job when
she is fully recovered from this most recent of surgeries on her hip.

Phil.