ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2017 14:35:10 -0600
They are driving right now to Durham North Carolina, where Duke University is, and where Adam will have his eye surgery at 10 in the morning tomorrow; Friday.  His left eye will have a procedure called a Buckle.  I thought it was the Bubble procedure but the Buckle squeezes that retina inward to help seal the torn areas.  I am guessing they use the laser
to then repair the torn spots.  His right eye is showing signs of tearing as well so they will use the laser on that retina to strengthen the weaker areas.  He will come home, probably the next day, with a patch on his left eye but the right eye uncovered.  The vision in the right eye will be blurry for a few days.