ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 22:24:32 -0700
I ran across this testimony and thought I would post it again.

snip snip

I was walking through my dining room and into the living room
when suddenly the Lord said, Pray for the safety of Mr. and Mrs.
Branham.  this elderly couple were driving one day each week over
100 miles one way to visit their 52 year old daughter in a
hospital in another city south of Denver.  they had been going
every Monday.  I always prayed for their safety each Monday
because of their age and their little car they drove.  Also, Mrs.
Branham was in a wheel chair and I knew the trip was especially
difficult for her each week.  For that matter, they both were
extremely concerned about their daughter and her unstable
condition in the distant hospital.  As I said, the Lord spoke to
me and told me to pray for their safety one day.  It was about
4:15 in the afternoon because I looked at my watch right then for
some reason.  As soon as I heard the voice of the Lord telling me
what to do, I said, But Lord, they don't go to the hospital on
Wednesday.  He said, pray.  As I kept on walking, I simply
allowed the thoughts to pass through my mind concerning this
matter.  I learned years ago how to pray without getting on my
knees each and every time and I learned how to pray direct,
short, and to the point prayers.  I literally said something like,
Lord, protect the Branhams.  Later that evening, Mr. Branham
picked me up for Wednesday evening Bible study at church.  I asked
him if they saw his daughter Monday.  He said, No, not Monday.  We
went today and we almost had a terrible wreck, too.  I asked him
about it and he explain how a big truck passed them and cut in
front of him and  a car immediately in front of them.  The two
cars had to slam on  their breaks driving along at 70 miles an
hour because the  trailer of the big 18 wheeler missed the front
end of the lead car  by about six inches.  So, suspicious by this
time, I said, you  wouldn't happen to know what time this
happened, would you?  Mr.  Branham said, We came back later than
usual and it was this side of  Colorado Spring so it had to have
been between 4 and 4:30, he  explained.  I then told him what you
are reading now.  Since the  Lord had spoken that clearly in my
spirit to tell me to pray, I  knew this was of the Lord.  My point
is, however, prayers in no  way need to be very long if you know
how to pray and especially if  you pray when the Holy Spirit
prompts you to do so.  This just  recently happened, by the way,
in the last few weeks.

Phil.