ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:21:42 -0700
I don't know about the rest of you, but especially in
Christians circles I was told Ishould be thankfull for
my blindness, God had for some reason allowed it, and
there was a higher purpose for it, so I should not
express feelings of anger, or sadness.  By not
expressing these feelings, I was only living a
lie,"Rhonda is such a joy and an inspiration"
I figure it's almost like a grieving process.  If I
never express my sad feelings to God, or my anger, or
my regreet atbeing blind, He can not help me.  God is
surely bigger than allmy sad fellings, all my anger.
He is able to handle it, He is not made smaller
because I am honest with Him.
I know that everything in life has a purpose, there is
a higher plan, but sometimes because I can not see the
big picture I loose focus on that fact.
Sometimes people say cruel things, children are the
worst at saying something with out thinking.  When I
was small one of my eyes was drastically smaller than
the other.  When I was a baby they didn't develop
properly.  My Mom always told me to have the school
photographers take the picture from the left side,
where the normal eye was.  I used to feel so sad,
aren't mothers always the ones who think their
children are lovely, I elt ugly, due to no fualt of my
own.
I am sure we all have things we can remember that have
hurt us.  God can give us His perspective on these
past events, and if we listen... we soon learn our
impressions are not true, God does not make junk, and
as one of His creation I am beautiful and I am loved.
Now I have a prosthetic shell in my right eye so both
look the same size.  But more importantly, I have a
feeling of unconditional love from a Father who thinks
I am beautiful! just because I am His.

Rhonda

=== message truncated ===

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash