ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:22:57 -0700
Here is a testimony George recently emailed me just before they took their
daughter to the hospital last week.  He wanted you to read it.

On the Bridge with Jesus

by George R

     As I was in Oklahoma City with my daughter Jennifer awaiting
the doctor to come in the office to discuss putting her on the
lung transplant list, something very profound, but real, began to
happen. I was wondering why the doctor was taking so long to come
in.  Then it happened.

     As I was sitting there with my wife and daughter, the Lord
Jesus appeared to me in a spiritual vision.  He was on a wooden
bridge with water flowing under it from a lake and the most
beautiful mountains imaginable were behind the lake.  I saw grass
that flowed beautifully to the edge of the lake all around.  Jesus
was looking at me and said, "Come on, come on to the other side
of the bridge."  He is beautiful to look at and He has the most
beautiful sandy brown hair and beard.  He was wearing a white robe
with a golden sash around his waist.

     Finally, but hesitantly, I went to him.  He held me by my
right hand and turned and smiled so sweetly at me. All of a sudden
I saw a house big and beautiful with a small front porch.  I love
cats.  The Lord knows that.  On the porch was a solid black cat
and a gold and white cat.  He said to me, "This is yours; this is
your house."  We spent some time looking at the house and then
went back on the bridge and sat down.

     He just looked into my face with love I cannot describe.  He
told me how much He loved me and I just was feeling my love
flowing back to Him.  In the past, I had a lot of wrong ideas
about the Lord.  Mainly because of all the woundedness I had been
living with and lies that were implanted in me as a child.  A year
ago I met a man who would become my best friend.  That was the
moment my healing journey with God began.  He is now my
intercessory prayer partner and his ministry is called Safe Place
Fellowship.

     Largely due to the woundedness I had experienced in my life,
I asked the Holy Spirit to lead me to a place where I could
receive healing.  I was 46 years old and on the verge of suicide.
My prayer partner explained to me that the Lord wanted to heal the
wounded areas of my life.  I was more than willing to go as far as
the Lord wanted to take me in setting me free by His Word.  As we
prayed together, memories surfaced which exposed the enemies
implanted lies, His truth was revealed in me, and I was set free.
See John 8:32.  I know I have prayed over fifty times with Phil
since meeting in November of 2003.  I have received a great deal
of healing and I continue to do so even now.  Before this time, I
couldn't even pray because I was so depressed and really wasn't
sure if God loved me or not. These were more lies we had to pray
through to get to the root problems.  Now the Lord is doing things
with me like the above story.

     After having this vision I have just described, My wife and I
visited a church that we had never before attended.  Some will
likely not believe what I am going to say next but it is true.
The vision, the very same vision that the Lord gave me seated in
the doctor's office, was confirmed in that church.  As I walked
into this new church, where we had never been, I saw a large
painting in the front by the pulpit.  The exact picture on the
wall was the one Jesus showed me in the vision minus the house and
two cats because those are mine in Heaven awaiting me.  I stood up
and testified to the congregation of my vision. A person asked me
if I had ever seen that picture before.  I said, "I have never
been in this Church before," and they glorified God for what he
had done with me.  One lady said the picture is a one of a kind
and the bridge signifies crossing over to victory.  Jesus even
gave me some lyrics from a well known song.  The lyrics are, "With
2 cats in the yard, life used to be so hard.  Now everything is
easy cause of you."  I was so amazed at what the Lord had done for
me, I wanted to share it. I believe the Lord gave that to me so
when hard times come, I can reflect upon it and it's comfort it
brings to me.

Your Brother In Christ,