ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:50:27 -0700
And the love was received, Phil.  Thanks, Father.  (And no, Phil isn't my
father any more than I'm his little sister.  <grin>)

Exercising spiritual gifts is always something that puts us in a vulnerable
position, as there's always the possibility we could be wrong.  I remember
a wonderful preacher named Doug Weed who gave a sermon on just that
topic.  He said a lot of times we say, "But what if I'm wrong?", and what
we really mean is, "How can I know, without having to exercise any faith,
that I'm doing what's right."  And his answer was you can't.  You always
have to have faith, and YOU COULD BE WRONG.  <grin>

Peggy

At 11:14 PM 8/23/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>What you read earlier was, what some call, personal prophecy.  I don't care
>if you don't believe in such things and don't ask me to explain it because I
>can't.  I don't often do what I did but when it happens, there is a reason.
>I rarely do it, overall, but that is beside the point.  In Peggy's case, I
>cannot explain it nor do I care to try.  When I wrote to her to let her know
>we are with her through this experience she is facing, I wrote the word
>"sister" and suddenly stopped typing.  I could not go on.  Saying the word
>"sister" was spiritually insufficient and not only that, it was spiritually
>wrong.  It was not what I felt in my spirit.  What I felt in my spirit was
>"little sister" but Peggy is not my little sister, I don't think anyhow.  I
>backed up and typed in the word "little" in front of the word "sister" and
>felt stupid doing so.  I sat for a moment and said, "Lord, that is stupid.
>What are we talking about here.  So I began to write the rest of the
>message.  No, it was not automatic writing; that is demonic.  I knew every
>word I typed and why.  If it makes you feel uncomfortable, I don't feel
>sorry for you because it wasn't written for you.  What if you are wrong, I
>can hear someone asking.  So?  I've been wrong before.  I wrote what I felt,
>not heard, but what I felt in my spirit.  That's the best I can do and Jesus
>has to do the rest but I obeyed what He told me to do.  No, I don't know
>Peggy personally.  I've talked to her on the phone once or twice but a long
>time ago.  You know her as well as I do if you are on this list.  I know one
>thing.  When I wrote that message, I felt God's love for Peggy flowing
>through me and that's all I am concerned about.
>
>Phil.

mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac
MSN Messenger [log in to unmask]