ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
john schwery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:50:29 -0400
Here are some jokes.  Some I have heard before.

text of forwarded message follows:

>~~~
>         The Pastor vs The Choir Director
>
>         There was a feud between the Pastor and
> the Choir Director of the Hicksville Southern
> Baptist Church.. It seems the first hint of
> trouble came when the Pastor preached on
> 'Dedicating Yourselves to Service' and the
> Choir Director chose to sing: 'I Shall Not Be
> Moved'. Trying to believe it was a coincidence,
> the Pastor put the incident behind him.
>
>         The next Sunday he preached on
> 'Giving.' Afterwards, the choir squirmed as the
> director led them in the hymn: 'Jesus Paid It
> All'. By this time, the Pastor was losing his temper.
>
>         Sunday morning attendance swelled as
> the tension between the two built. A large
> crowd showed up the next week to hear his
> sermon on 'The Sin of Gossiping.' Would you
> believe the Choir Director selected the song: 'I Love T o Tell The Story'.
>
>         There was no turning back. The
> following week the Pastor told the congregation
> that unless something changed, he was
> considering resignation. The entire church
> gasped when the Choir Director led them in: 'Why Not Tonight'?
>
>         Truthfully, no one was surprised when
> the Pastor resigned a week later, explaining
> that Jesus had led him there and Jesus was
> leading him away. The Choir Director could not
> resist: 'What A Friend We Have In Jesus.'
>
>                           JOKES THAT CAN BE TOLD IN CHURCH
>
>                           Attending a wedding
> for the first time, a little girl whispered to
> her mother, 'Why is the bride dressed in white?''
>                           The mother replied,
> 'Because white is the color of happiness, and
> today is the happiest day of her life.'
>                           The child thought
> about this for a moment then said, 'So why is the groom wearing black?'
>                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>                           A little girl,
> dressed in her Sunday best, was running as fast
> as she could, trying not to be late for Bible
> class. As she ran she prayed, 'Dear Lord,
> please don't let me be late! Dear Lord, please don't let me be late!'
>                           While she was running
> and praying, she tripped on a curb and fell,
> getting her clothes dirty and tearing her
> dress. She got up, brushed herself off, and
> started running again! As she ran she once
> again began to pray, 'Dear Lord, please don't
> let me be late...But please don't shove me either!'
>                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>                           Three boys are in the
> school yard bragging about their fathers. The
> first boy says, 'My Dad scribbles a few words
> on a piece of paper, he calls it a poem, they give him $50.'
>                           The second boy says,
> 'That's nothing. My Dad scribbles a few words
> on piece of paper, he calls it a song, and they give him $100.'
>                           The third boy says,
> 'I got you both beat. My Dad scribbles a few
> words on a piece of paper, he calls it a
> sermon, and it takes eight people to collect all the money!'
>
>                           An elderly woman died
> [...]
text of forwarded message ends:

John
Currently in Ocala, Florida Partly Cloudy, 91°F
Wind:WNW-290° at 12mph gusting to 20mph
Bald Guys never have a bad hair day.
Created by Weather Signature v1.33 • http://www.weathersig.com