ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:42:06 -0500
Hmm I'll have to read that here. Somehow I thought the women were first on
the seen, rapped with the angels standing guard,  went back to get the
boys, "Dues check this out, you'll never believe it!", the boys come back,
angels took a powderr, Peter rushes ahead of the hesitating John, and they
see the clothes. Hmmm

Brad

At 05:24 AM 9/20/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>I was reading in John 20 this morning.  Wonder why it is that when Jesus was
>in the tomb, John and Peter looked in and saw the grave clothes.  But Mary
>saw the two angels.  Maybe I should read the other accounts too.  Wonder if
>those angels appeared after Peter and John left or if Peter and John they
>had selective vision.
>
>Another thing that I discovered, according to The Message,, besides the
>grave clothes, Jesus body was wrapped in 75 pounds of spices.  Or at least
>that's how much was carried for his burial.  That makes the resurrection
>more of a miracle in my mind.  Guess I just pictured Jesus getting unwrapped
>from all that cloth.  But with the weight of all those spices, after such
>intense physical trauma nobody could just revive from some dazed stupor and
>be walking around.  Just my un-technical quick observations.
>
>Vicki

Brad

   Start spreading the news! HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM is offering
  Northwest Wisconsin and Greater Twin Cities FREE classified advertising!!