ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:09:27 -0600
I was doing some editing and proof reading tonight and this file was one I
was working on.  I know I have posted it here before but it has been awhile
and I thought some might like to read it again.

Phil.

Puff The Magic Dragon

By Phil Scovell

     George called and said he was having a horrible anxiety
attack.  He had experienced healing in many places but recent, and
current, circumstances were trying to crush the life out of him.

     As we talked about how he felt, he admitted that in the
middle of his anxiety episode, a memory came to his attention
during the time he was in the 6th grade.  He related that he could
not get to the truth of what that memory was about but he saw that
he was scared and nervous in the classroom.  He could clearly
recall the students in their chairs and the teacher in the room
but he felt too fearful to explore the true nature of the anxiety
within the memory itself.  I had a scheduled appointment coming up
but told him I would call him back later and pray with him about
the fear and the importance of the memory.  In the mean time, I
suggested he pray through the memory himself to see if more
information surfaced.

     Later I received an email of the victory he experienced and
then we talked on the telephone concerning the healing the Lord
brought to him.  Here is his testimony.

     George reported, after getting off the phone, that he sat in
a chair and refocused on the memory.  clearly the images of the
classroom, the other seated students, and the teacher were all
there.  He even specifically recalled the teacher's name.  Most
importantly, and most disturbingly, the fear and anxiety and
fright, which he could vividly feel, were still there as well.
He could not understand why.  So, he asked the Lord.  the reply he
received was that he had nearly always been frightened and
scared.

     George then requested the Lord show him the source, or cause,
for this fear.  Immediately, as he saw and remembered the images
of the childhood memory, a dragon walked into the room.  It flung
it's head from side to side and if sniffing the air to find a
particular victim.  At that moment, a figure of Jesus appeared in
one corner of the room.  George said, "Lord Jesus?  What is that?
dragon doing here?"

     The Lord said, "That's Puff the magic dragon."

     George knew, of course, that was the name of a song which
Peter, Paul and Mary sang many years ago.  Those who recall, the
song, easily recognize the implication of dope smoking, that
symbolically produces dragons, that is, fairy tales or stories of
fantasy.

Author's Note.

     This idea would be similar to Alice In Wonderland.  After
ingesting certain types of mushrooms, psychedelic effects occurred
in the story.  Here all this time you thought it was just a cute
little children's fairy tale.  This is the same reasoning used by
many today, even born again Christians, to justify the Harry
Potter stories.  It is time to draw the line.

End Of Author's note.

     George confessed later to me that he used to often sing this
cute little song, Puff The Magic Dragon, to himself as he worked
because it seemed to bring comfort to him.  It brought something
to him spiritually but not comfort.

     George, after hearing what the Lord said and briefly
considering what he had heard, asked, "So what does Puff the magic
dragon have to do with this memory?"

     The Lord said, "You have been substituting fantasies to
avoid, and to cope with, stress and fearful circumstances in your
life."

     "What does the dragon want from me?" George then asked.

     "He wants to kill you," Jesus said matter of factly.

     It was clear to George by this time what the dragon was.
"Does this demon have a right to be in my life?" George wanted to
know.

     "No," came the single word answer from the Lord.

     "What do you want me to do with him, then?" George asked.

     "Send him away," came the succinct answer.

     "In the name of the True Lord Jesus Christ," George prayed,
"I bind you and all those under your authority.  I command you to
leave and to go to the place where the true Lord Jesus Christ
wants you to go.  Don't ever come back."

     Then a very curious thing happened, George said.  The dragon
began leaving but as he stood there, a duplicate image of the
dragon separated itself from the first image and began exiting the
room.  This was quickly followed by a second and a third and a
fourth.  The main image remain where it was.

     George said, "Lord, what is going on here?"

     "these are the fantasies created in your mind over the years
to distract you from hearing the truth," he heard the Holy Spirit
speaking into his thoughts.

     "How many of these are there?" George asked curiously.

     Jesus said, "25."

     George watched as the images of the original dragon followed
each other as they exited the room until the final image, the
original dragon, walked out of the room as well.

     George looked at the corner where Jesus had been standing and
began laughing.  Jesus was giving the "thumbs up" signal and then,
as George continued to watch, the Lord began to dance around the
room with joy causing George to laugh even more.  The fear and
anxiety he felt as a 6th grader in the classroom vanished and now
joy and peace filled the room and the boy.

     this is the type of thing that drives a lot of Christians
crazy.  First, it is labeled as psycho heresy, self hypnosis,
personal guided imagery, theatrical meditation, lucid dreaming, or
sometimes it is simply label demonic.  It is none of these things,
of course, because it is nothing more than intimate prayer with
the True Lord Jesus Christ.  If you recall, Jesus was accused of
casting out demons by the power of Satan.  (See Matthew 9:32-34).
Of course, this argument makes no sense whatsoever but many
Christians have resigned themselves to believing the Enemy has
such imaginary power and the true Lord Jesus does not.  I grew up
believing that anybody whoever saw Jesus was a heretic,
theologically twisted, and very likely mentally ill, or worse,
demon possessed.

     Some choose to label this form of prayer "inner healing," and
thus attribute its origin to New Age philosophy, heretical
theology, or Luciferian mysticism.  You are free to believe
whatever you wish.  While you are believing whatever it is you
believe, keep in mind the true nature of the Enemy, that is, Jesus
said Satan has come to steel, kill and to destroy.  (See John
10:10).

     My question to you is this.  Are you afraid?  Do you have
anxiety and panic attacks and you don't know why?  What is the
source of your depression?  Would you like to be free?  Call me
and learn to pray as did George.

It Sounds Like God To Me.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com