ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:11:59 -0600
George left me a voice mail from the hospital this afternoon so I called him
right back.  Jennifer has pneumonia and her fever was 103 when she first
went in last night.  Something spiritually powerful has changed in George
which I have also been learning the hard way and that is concerning the
Lordship of Christ.  I knew I had a little pride.  After all, a little pride
is a good thing, right?  Sure it is because that's called self esteem by
some Christians.  God still calls it pride but what does that matter.  I
honestly never thought pride played any role in my life as a Christian until
a year and a half ago when the Lord proved to me I had a great deal of pride
which kept Him from being the Lord of my life.  George, fortunately, is
learning this now, too.  So where do we go from here?  We choose life and
not death as I have said before on here.  We speak things that are not as
though they were just like God did as the Creator of all things.  But wait
just a minute, I hear someone saying.  If we speak it, it isn't God speaking
it.  That's where you missed it, and me, too.  If we are speaking God's
Eternal Words, it is the same as if God were saying it Himself.  When the
demons suddenly realize you truly believe what was just said, they will
flea.  That is resisting the devil.  What if it doesn't work the first time?
You only plan on doing it once?  But to answer your question, what if it
doesn't work?  Call a friend and use Matthew 18:19 and through agreement in
prayer, it shall be done of our Father which is in Heaven.  Well, at least
that's what Jesus says.  What do you say?

Phil.

Phil.