ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:18:56 -0700
Thanks to all who have forwarded these messages to other lists who would be
interested in Ann's status. It's wonderful to know she has so many friends.
And thanks to all of you who have sent private messages, called, or done
anything else. Just thanks to all probably is in order.

Marcina and I visited with Ann this PM. This really helped Marcina who has
been somewhat depressed. She thought she might like to stay on with Ann at
the hospital, but when we told her there was no dog food, she decided to
rethink this. So she's back here with me.

Ann is in a regular room, is eating, and pretty much doing what she should
be doing. She has had PT, OT, speech therapy and whatever else they can do.
And all is fine except for a few things with speech, but those are also much
improved.

Diagnosis is updated. They're really having trouble figuring this out. The
first night the Neurologist told me it was best described as a neurological
disaster. They've pinned a lot of things on it but now are pretty much
convinced it's a massive seizure. They'll be treating that accordingly and
continuing to look for possible causes.

She will probably be released tomorrow. The short term plan is to come to my
house. We will get her PC and you can send email to her. And she'll be up
for your calls. Not sure how long she will stay with me, but probably until
she is released to go back to work.

Oldies Mix and Oldies & More to Celebrate Ann's Recovery:

We will be doing a two-part show on ACBRI this weekend in which we will
welcome Ann back home. People have wanted to send cards etc. and several
people suggested that maybe I should dedicate my show to Ann this weekend.
Rick was interested to do this as well, and had a very cool idea planned if
Ann was not doing very well. So, to honor all these good ideas, we'll be
doing a special show featuring your good wishes for Ann.

How can you participate?

You may send email with thoughts or a song dedication to me at:

Any format: oldies, country or Christian is fine.

You may send a short voice file to the same address. You can include a song
dedication there as well.

Or, you can call my new comment line: 206-888-4Deb 206-888-4332 and leave a
short voice message. These are not great quality so no sound effects please.

I will begin on my show and it will continue into Rick's show. Check
http://interactive.acbradio.org for the Oldies Mix and Oldies And More
times. I suspect we'll have enough material for both shows. And, we'll put
them up for replay. Of course, we'll be giving Ann a CD copy as a permanent
scrap book.

We'll need your messages, voice mail and files by Friday night so we can
organize and prepare them for the show. This will be really a celebration.
Thanks to so many of you for suggesting it.

Deb