ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:24:45 -0400
Hey Phil,
         Church was okay.  If you enjoy baby sitting, that is.  I'm
sorry, that was nasty, I know, but I get so frustrated at people
sitting, contentedly, in their pews thinking that they are good
little Christians when, in reality, their really a sleep.  At least
if there are only four of you you are less likely to drift off
because everyone will see it.  Huh!  I am just so hungry to see
spiritual growth and revival and it doesn't happen.  We know why
too.  there is a lot of unrepentant sin in our midst and the
spiritual life of our congregation is being carried by a few who
really want to see God move!

Don't worry about your last post.  I could tell that it was written
by a father in pain.  I know it well.  I just wonder how much God is
hurting.  You and I are only dealing with one rebellious child, and
for both of us, that is a minority of our children.  Our other kids
are okay.  God, though, faces knowing that the majority of humanity
rejects him.  Unlike me, who has the luxury of not knowing every
little gory detail of the stupidity that Chris is doing, God sees it
all, every sin, and, Amazingly, he still loves.  Darn that free will
anyway, everybody but me that is!  "Sigh."
Kathy