ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Teri Van Pelt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2007 02:39:02 -0400
Carol and Everyone,
Boy could I ever relate to your email.  I am disabled too.  Not physically blind
though.  I have many needs just trying to get through my day.  But, because
my desability is not as visable many wonder why I can't work etc.  I wonder
too sometimes.  I deal with all kinds of depressive disorders.  and many other
things.  My house is a wreck.  I am going to be receiving nursing and aide help
as soon as it is approved.  But, I have one question.  Where is the Church?
You know the ones who are to visit us and help us.  I don't think we should
have to have hired help per sey.  I am so lonely and greived.  I simply have
trouble getting around to places.  My poor best friend is stressed to the limits
and her resources to help me are running thin.  When you do have help come
they usually so Not into it as a caring position.  It seems just a way to make a
living.  So many things are done half ____(you know feel in the blank)  I have
been crying for days.  I am having physical trouble in my muscles and I am
terribly sleep deprived.

Carol FYI.  If you have Medicare or Medicaid in many cases they will pay for
assistance.  Also, They have many alternative assisted living arrangements in
various places that will assist you as well as give you independce.

I am so glad you shared Carol.  It helped me to get in touch with my
frustrations of late.  Where do you live?  Much blessings to all. Tee