ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:40:00 -0600
Would you pray for a young lady by the name of Lauren for me?  She is only
34 years old, has two children, is divorced, living with her mother, but she
is suffering deeply from emotional trauma and probably from a lot of other
things, too.  I am praying with her twice a week but this is a lady who
probably should be praying with someone every day for a couple of months.
My heart goes out to her because she is calling out for help.  I am also
waiting to hear from a lady by the name of Liz who has emailed me and
attempted to establish contact.  She has lost her marriage, her home, and
her children to divorce.  Needless to say, she is suffering depression, and
all of its results, as well.  So far, she had not written back to set up
prayer sessions.

I know this likely will not be understood but I'll say it anyhow.  I pray
with a lot of women.  A few men, but mostly women.  Those I hear from are
generally confused or suffering from emotional pain for various reasons.  In
many cases, these women have been emotionally wounded as children.  I am not
a hypnotist nor a mesmerist.  I don't engaged in guide imagery,
suggestiveness, or anything remotely related to such practices.  All I am is
an intercessor and I pray with people.  Where this takes people, I have no
control over unless, of course, it involves deceptiveness or lies or
confusion.  then I am responsible for picking up on such deviations and
assisting a person in becoming focused on what Jesus is saying.  I am also
responsible for making sure it stays Biblical.  Otherwise, I am only a
witness to what Jesus is doing and nothing more.  However, in the
discernment that the Holy Spirit gives me, I hear things and one thing I
listen for is the little girl inside who comes to the surface of a person's
voice.  No, there is nothing mystical about it.  Men do a better job of
hiding the little boy who was wounded but with the men with whom I pray, I
hear the little boy crying out for help, too.  I have never prayed with a
grown man that I haven't seen break down in almost uncontroable sobbing when
the Holy Spirit as reached down into the life of that little boy who was
hurt and regardless how big and how tough the man has been.  My calling, and
one I did not choose, and furthermore told the Lord I had no interest in,
has to do with ministering more to women than men.  Thus, I listen for the
voice of the little girl inside.  Something I have learned through
intercessory prayer is how much Jesus loves little girls.  I'm not at all
suggesting he doesn't love little boys.  After all, he was a little boy
Himself once, you know?  I'm just saying, due to what God has told me to do,
I hear the little girl down inside who is hurt.  I could name you dozens of
women to pray for right now and I am not attempting to leaving any of those
out but for now, if you would especially remember Lauren, and also Liz, I
would appreciate it.  The Little girl in Lauren has been greatly
traumatized.  I wish I could spend more time with her because it is needed
but it just isn't possible.  I do pray with her twice a week so far.  She is
buried alive in grief and sorrow and emotional pain that would kill most of
us to suffer.  I would mention others for whom I would like you to pray but
some of them are on this list and I don't want to make them feel any worse
than they already do.  My point is, I love these little girls.  Why?
Because I can feel the love that Jesus has for these little ones that were
hurt.  My desire is to see them free and walking as adults while at the same
time we are His little children.  More than anything in my life, I desire
that the love of Christ be felt by those He brings across my path.  And here
you thought I was a big bad old meanie.  Nope.  I'm just a softy.  My mouth
gets me into a lot of trouble but my heart is perfect before God.

Phil.

He's ready when you are.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com