ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 07:29:36 -0600
Congrats Sharon.  Like anything else new there's always tweaking and
getting use to and it can be a fun ride, especially on something as useful
and exciting as this so enjoy the ride  :). Keep us posted.

Brad

At 09:45 PM 1/7/2008, you wrote:
>Well today was The day!  Larry, my PSR worker and case manager, took me to
>Boise to Elks Hearing and Balance.  It was weird weather, with hard
>snowing probably during the night and in the morning.  Later the sun came
>out, then it was snowing as we neared town.  Walking toward the building,
>we met with my sister Judy and brother Dale.  Our parents would have come
>but for the roads, which disappointed me.
>
>To make a long story short, both my speech processors were
>activated.  They give you two of them in case you need a backup.  The
>sounds I hear reminds me of a whining little harmonica  at high and higher
>pitches, on which you move your mouth around to make speech sounds, but
>the speech isn't very clear. The best I can detect are the S sound.  It
>also sounds like my ear ringing at different pitches of the harmonica.  As
>Judy and I were leaving the clinic, I heard tinkle, tinkle.  I asked her
>if it was the blinkers, which it was!  I didn't hear it with my hearing aid.
>
>I asked Judy and Dale if we could celebrate, and I decided I wanted to eat
>at a drive thru, in the car, which is my favorite wayo eat out.  Then on
>the way home, Judy and I stopped at Dairy Queen to get me a chocolate chip
>cookie dough blizzard and a large diet pepsi.
>
>Judy has made video excerpts of what happened, and I'd like to upload it
>somewhere.  Does anyone know of a better place than U-Tube?  I want to
>share this moment with you all.  Even if you're blind, you'll probably be
>able to get an idea of what's going on.  If you[re curious about any of
>it, just ask!
>
>Maybe I'll write more in the days ahead, but I think I'll go for now.
>
>Hugs and high-fives!
>
>Sharon

Brad Dunse
http://www.braddunsemusic.com

Check out my site, take a look, have a listen to some sample tunes or
contact me if you are interested in a calendar date. Comments are always
encouraged and appreciated in the guest book area. Also feel free to sign
up to the newsletter to receive an occasional performance update. Its easy
as pie, your address stays with us, and we won't pound you with mail either
I promise... no worry!