ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 21:40:57 -0600
A woman in the church that we are attending, pretty much just for Sunday
service, volunteered to put the bulletin in Word format for me each week.
And, bless her heart, she has done that.  Though there aren't lots of
changes each week, I'm very glad she is doing it.  She does the regular
church bulletin.  It's in some publishing thing so she can't just send it
down as a text file.  Well, she mentioned that they were doing a dinner to
raise money for one of the church ministries.  Then after dinner, dessert
items were to be auctioned off.  So I thought I'd bake a couple of things,
as with school  starting in 3 weeks, any other activities will be drowned
out by the steady drum beat of studies.    We left the dinner before the
auction because of a family commitment.  Now here comes the fun part.  Later
I heard that a carrot cake I baked went for $40.  Isn't that funny?  I'm so
glad God gives us gifts to have some fun with too.  What gift or ability has
God given you that like baking, or the ability to turn a church bulletin in
to Word format, , might be a gift that's not so traditionally thought of as
a gift at first thought?  Yet, the Lord uses it to bless or minister to
people.

Vicki