ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2008 21:04:57 -0600
Hi all!

Just thought I'd tell you more about how I'm living these days, since
someone asked me for details, (and there's a lot!).

Aside from my emotional struggles, I love it here!  We all seem to get along
okay, but I haven't been in San Juana's "clubhouse" for a long time.  I like
to call her room the clubhouse because that's where the girls like to spend
some of their time, watching TV, and maybe telling secrets or doing makeup
and nails together, etc.  And there's gracie's room that I like to call the
Bible Room, because she likes to read her Bible, King James 1611 version, to
be specific.  She likes to do cross referencing as a hobby.  Then there's my
room, the theater, since I'm apparently the only client with a VCR/DVD combo
player.  Maybe tomorrow I'll invite them to watch the Jesus Video, with or
without voice description, whatever they prefer.  I wish I could arrange
rockers/beanbag chairs, etc, around the room and have a big screen and
speakers all around to make you feel like you're really in the story!
Anyway, I'd like to make it a point to interact more with them on Sunday,
since I like to keep busy with my computer and stuff on Saturday, except
when we four-some girls go out.  Last Sunday, Tabbitha, San Juana and I
played Uno.  San Juana has some trouble sorting out what card to put down,
or whether she must draw when she has none.

On Saturdays we sometimes go to the Dollar Tree, Honks, Walmart, or a thrift
store where there are lots of clothes.  San Juana likes to go there, and it
sounds like Gracie does too.  Today we were out for a long time.  We went to
all the places mentioned above, and ate lunch at the McDonald's in Walmart.
After we left Honks, we took Gracie to the nursing home where her friend
lives.  She likes to go visit her every Saturday afternoon.  I feel sorry
for this lady.  I believe she's in her mid to late fourties, but she has to
live where she can get intense care because she falls and hurts herself
often from seizures and what sounds to me like osteoporosis.  Gracie says
she would love to go out to eat or go shopping, or maybe even to live with
Tabbitha, but apparently her mother won't let her.  I wish there was a
ministry that would visit shut-ins to brighten their day and give them
something to do if they have enough energy, and to take them out if they
want to go, even if it means beds on wheels!  When it's nice, we might go
walking on a green belt by the creek, where you can hear the ducks and sit
on a nice bench.  During weekdays, Tabbitha and I often walk back and forth
along the road to her house.  we don't like to go very far because there's a
dog that she's afraid of.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the Nazareen church where they have listening
devices.  I'd like to find a more Pentecostal congregation.  Please just
pray that The Lord will put me in the right place of worship and fellowship.
As for Daybreak, yes, I can hear and converse somewhat better there,
depending on whom I'm listening to, but unless I turn up volume or
sensitivity, (which I don't feel comfortable about doing), it's still
difficult to understand speakers at a distance.  Thus I might equally have a
hard time hearing in Church if I don't have some kind of system.  I hope I
can get an FM system that will connect with the implant.

Well, I guess that's enough for now.  Have a great Day in The Lord tomorrow!

I have something exciting to share with you.  Please stop by for a visit!

http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/52721

Sharon