ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:21:15 -0600
Wow! My mind isn't really going. I really was around then. I'm  getting to
be an old timer on this list. haha. He's done a good job for you from what
I remember, maybe it is time he becomes a smooch pooch, couch potato,
cuddle-bug or the like *smile*. Keep us posted as to what the vet says.
Perhaps a dietary change or supplement  is all that is needed.

Brad

At 01:07 PM 1/10/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>Brad,
>
>Yes, you probably remember when I got Lear because it was in October 1999.
>Sounds like longer ago than it was, a little over six years ago.  Lear was
>reissued and had been guiding for about a year before I got him.  He'll be
>nine in two weeks.
>
>Thanks for your prayers.
>

>JulieMelton
>visit me at
>www.heart-and-music.com
>Keep smiling!
>

> >From: MV <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >Subject: Re: prayer request about Lear
> >Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:31:37 -0600
> >
> >Wow. I thought I remember when you got him, perhaps not though, not sure if
> >I've been around long enough to remember that. Nonetheless, I understand
> >the seriousness of it and pray for wisdom and  Lear's general health.
> >
> >Brad
> >

> >At 10:29 AM 1/10/2006 -0700, you wrote:
> > >JulieMelton
> > >visit me at
> > >www.heart-and-music.com
> > >Keep smiling!
> > >

> > >Hello, all.  Please pray for me and my guide dog Lear.  over the past few
> > >months I've noticed him slowing down and getting older. Saturday the vet
> > >noticed a lot of weight loss and just a general change in Lear.  His
> >guide
> > >work is still careful, but he has less endurance than he used to and
> >can't
> > >really do long routs without frequent stops.  The vet tested his thyroid
> >adn
> > >said it's low normal and probably doesn't account for all the changes in
> > >him.
> > >
> > >The bottom line is that I'm thinking about retirement.  I need to call
> >the
> > >school with a couple questions today, so I will see if a rep can visit
> > >sometime in the next couple months to talk about this further.
> > >
> > >In addition to praying, can some of you with dogs tell me how you knew
> >when
> > >to retire your dog?  I'm new to this, as Lear is my first dog.
> > >
> > >Thanks for your help and support.
> >
> >Brad
> >
> >    Too many people offer God prayers with claw marks all over them

Brad

   You are the only one who can do anything about most things which bug you