ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 18:00:43 -0700
Jen,

You are correct.  Confessing victory, or praising God for what He can do,
and what He can do, by the way, is whatever we ask.  Anyhow, praising God
for the answer is an act of faith no matter how you cut it.  Also read John
chapter 15 verses 7 and 8 and you will discover, whatever you want is what
God wants.  Don't be surprised if this is hard to accept at first.  Few
Christians ever believe what I just said as a Biblical fact but a Biblical
fact is indeed exactly what is taught in that passage.  The passage is not
talking about winning people to Christ by using fruitfulness as theological
terminology but rather Jesus is deliberately and specifically talking about
prayer in that passage.  He clearly states, it is His express will and
purpose to answer our prayers that the Father God might be glorified in His
Son.  Therefore, when we praise God for who He is as a God who hears and
answers prayer, it is our faith at work and God loves faith because He is.
In fact, according to Hebrew 11:6, without faith, it is impossible to please
Him.

Phil.