ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 08:35:13 -0500
Fully Alive

Colossians 2:9-17

When you become a new creature in Christ Jesus, sin no longer has to be a
part of your life. But why do believers still sin?

Once we receive God's forgiveness for our lives, we are crucified with
Christ. Paul writes: "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer
I who
live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I
live by faith in the Son of God." (Galatians 2:20).

However, we still have a human body, which has God-given appetites that
desire to be fulfilled.

When the enemy taints these appetites, luring us outside the boundaries God
has drawn for us, our actions to fulfill these desires are sins.

The real question is this: when you step beyond those bounds, do you feel
comfortable?

We should never feel comfortable sinning. Paul certainly didn't as he wrote,
"For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I
would
like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate" (Romans 7:15).

It's the new nature - God's nature - in us calling us back to our heavenly
Father. If you are a Christian, just because you sin against God doesn't
mean
you have a sinful nature.

When you learn to yield to the urgings of your new nature, sin in your life
begins to diminish as you walk in the freedom of Christ.