ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 16:35:40 -0500
Eternal Life: Do You Want It?

1 John 5:3-12

Good health seems to be on everyone's mind these days. The latest and
greatest fad diets rise to the top of the bestseller lists. Health clubs and
nutrition
stores pop up all over town - sometimes next door to fast food restaurants!
Late-night television is constantly unveiling a flood of gadgets and gizmos,
all designed to get you into "the best shape of your life" (and always with
the promise of minimal effort and commitment).

Why is the health industry such a booming business? It is because most
people have an innate desire to live as long as they can. Longevity is a
major concern!
People want the highest quality life possible, for as long as possible. And
yet, this emotional need for a long, robust life is most frequently centered
around the physical world. What about life after death?

Scripture makes it absolutely clear that eternal life is available to every
person on earth. (Romans 10:13) Sickness, disease, and death are all bound
the world; however, everyone in Christ has already overcome the worst this
world has to offer - even death (1 John 5:4-5). Despite their emotional
appeal,
late-night infomercials cannot offer anything to compare with the promise of
eternal life.

As believers, we should be shouting this message from the rooftops! The
people around us are yearning for a word of life, but too many Christians
have remained
silent. Why? How can we keep secret what God went to such great lengths to
reveal? We can live forever! Who in your life needs to hear this amazing
truth today?