ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2013 18:04:36 -0600
All of us saw Everett for about an hour today but he was vomiting when we
arrived, either from the head injury or the medications he is taking by
mouth for pain.  The therapist, a couple of different ones, tested him today
for about 30 to 45 minutes each.  They put him on steroids because one of
his frontal lobes is still swollen.  He also still is getting blood into his
ear canal that's been leaking into his ear since the night it happened last
Saturday night or Friday around midnight.  We still are not certain but
recent events indicate he was jumped and beaten and possibly struck by a
hammer in the back of the head.  My son, Big Everett, leans toward the idea
he was later pushed out of a car because his friend didn't want to bring him
home injured in this manner since it would finger him, or others, close to
the group.  His friend went to work Monday but cried so much during the day,
they sent him home.  Something is wrong there and all the way around.
Everett will remain in this hospital through the weekend and then, Monday,
transported to Craig Hospital here in Denver which is a high tech specialty
trauma therapy hospital especially for brain injury patients, or are being
fitted with a new arm or let, and you name it; they do it all.  It is
difficult to say how long he will be there.  A CT scan today showed, and I
quote, "Moving fluid."  When questioned, the nurse said it was not blood but
apparently something around the frontal lobe on one side I mentioned.  He
remembers telephone numbers, he recognized me and Sandy today first thing
when we walked in, but it apparently, it appears to me, a long recovery
period of time.  At least he has his age on his side.  My spinal surgery at
age 57 still has side effects 4.5 years later but I was a lot older than 17
years of age.  He is on steroids now, too, due to the frontal lobe swelling.
Unless he vastly improves, he won't be coming home any time soon until they
get the swelling and pain level down somewhat lower than it is now.  It
could be worse but then I could be blind, too, smile.

Phil.