ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2007 19:54:49 -0700
Here is one I posted not long ago and perhaps worth reading again at this
time.

The Mathematical Equation Of God

Checkmate

By Phil Scovell

     I am no scientist.  I did dissect a frog in high school
biology class, he was dead of course, but I doubt that ranks me up
there with the great scientific minds of the world today.  For
that matter, I never cared for math all that much in the first
place.  I even dropped out of my second year of high school
algebra the second I found out you didn't need two years of
algebra to graduate at that time.  I did become slightly more
interested in mathematics in general when I studied, at the age of
13, for my amateur radio exam, and subsequent exams over the
years, as I progressed up the latter.

     At the age of ten, I found electronics very interesting.
When I discovered a friends TV repair shop in his basement, I
began spending hours asking all kinds of questions as he worked at
his bench.  Seeing my definite interest, he began taking me on
house calls and teaching me what he knew.

     One day he said, "Phil, you need to get your ham radio
license with your interest in electronics."  I didn't know what he
was talking about so after that house call that night, he took me
into his radio room, turned on all the equipment, and I was
hooked.

     About this same period of time, my father became ill at work
one day and three weeks later, he died unexpectedly.  Six months
following his death, I began having problems with my retinas and a
year after my father's death, and more than a dozen eye
operations, I was totally blind.

     I never forgot all the fascinating things about electronics
and when we moved to Nebraska and I began attending the school for
the blind, a student befriended me who just so happened to be
studying for his ham radio exam.  The school had a ham station set
up and by age fourteen, I had my license.

     What's all this have to do with God?  Haven't you ever
wondered who and what God is?  He has personality, this we know,
as Christians I mean, and we read about His persona throughout the
Scriptures but what is He?  By that I mean, what is God made of,
or spoken correctly, of what is God made?  This question alone,
to some, is disrespectful and even irreverent.  It may, in the
minds of some, be sacrilegious and blasphemous.  However, in my
healing journey and walk with the Lord these past fifty years, I
have learned that God isn't afraid of my questions.  Why should He
be?  He knows all the answers.

     Generally speaking, we know what we are made of, that is, we
know that all things are made of matter.  Matter is essentially
atoms.  We can't see these tiny little solar systems but when
they are collected together in one place, they make up the wooden
desk I am seated at, the chair I am sitting on, the keyboard I am
typing with, and as my computer runs, trillions of atoms or doing
their thing in my office, streaming down the cable to a satellite
dish, out into space, passing through a geosynchronous satellite
thousands of miles above the earth, back down again to a ground
based receiving satellite dish, and flows through all sorts of
wires and cables and fiber optic lines, and continues its speed of
light journey into your computer as you read this article about
God.  We can't see the with the naked eye, of course, but none of
us have any problems believing we are sitting on a chair,
watching television, listening to the radio, viewing the stars at
night, or looking up into the sky and seeing clouds drifting by
with the sun shining nearby.  Scientifically, on the other hand,
many find the concept of God impossible to believe.  After all,
seeing is believing?  Yes, I know we can see some things which
are invisible, such as atoms, if we used specially designed
electron microscopes.  Even many of the lights we see in the sky
at night, which we call stars, are not even there any longer
because some of the starlight we see were, I say were,  emitted
millions of years ago, we are told, and are flashing over the
vastness of empty space from dead stars.  Yet, because we are
hundreds of millions of light years away, we are only seeing their
left over light emissions before the stars, or suns, winked out of
existence.

     Then there are black holes.  No one has ever seen one but
mathematically, it is believed they are there.  This is what I
was getting to.  The scientist, although he cannot now, nor ever
will be able, to see certain aspects of our universe outwardly, or
inwardly, that is atomically and subatomic, still believes
that certain things he cannot see exists based upon mathematical
calculations.  At first, therefore, scientists could not calculate
something as complex as God but then came quantum mechanics.

     Not only am I not a scientist but I am not a teacher of any
of the sciences.  I am likewise not a theologian or a Bible
scholar.  So what you are about to read is only basic in nature
from a layman's viewpoint and understanding of what he has read.
It isn't even necessary you understand a single word I say but you
can still know God on an intimate personal level that literally
few people in the world, or even throughout history, have ever
spiritually experienced.

     Let's get one question out of the way right off the bat.  "Is
God a hypermathematical equation?"  The scientist, or the quantum
physicist, might say such was possible, although I don't know if
anyone has ever tried mathematically theorizing God's existence
and composition, but that is only because he believes more in
mathematically based theory than he does eternal knowledge.  In
other words, 1 times one can only be one.  Of course, this same
physicist believes in parallel universes all coexisting
simultaneously.  Some believe that everything a black hole sucks
into its bottomless pit dimensions is crushed to barely above the
level of matter, including light itself, and is then deposited at
the end of the black hole into another universe.  Mathematically,
of course, it is theorized these parallel universes exist.  Some
have black holes, they say, and some don't.  This is convenient
because then matter is never destroyed but transferred to another
universe.  You see, a basic law of physics is that matter, or
information, that is data, can never be destroyed, that is, made
nothing.  Some theorize that just such a black hole from another
parallel universe belched out our present universe in which we
live.  Some even call this even "The Big Bang."  I'm sure you've
heard of that.  In reality, there was a big bang once upon a time.
When God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.  Bang!
Perhaps I digress.  Let's get back to who God is or what he is.

     Recently, I heard this illustration from a scientist which I
thought was apropos.  He wasn't a Christian but I think he hit the
nail on the head without even realizing it.  He described quantum
mechanics in this manner.

     Let's reduce the entire universe to a chest board with all of
it's pieces in place on the board ready for a game.  If you have
ever played chest against your computer, perhaps you have
experienced the same thing a friend of mind did many years ago.
This was back in the days when computers, home computers, were
nothing more than game machines.  Games were loaded into the 8K of
memory by plugging in a cassette type like cartridge.  My friend,
one day, loaded his chest game.  He had been playing against the
computer for some time but was getting bored so he selected the
highest level the software was capable of playing.  He made his
move and then sat and watched the screen.  The computer, as
primitive as it was in those days for home usage, just sat there.
The screen indicated the computer was working, or thinking, about
its move.  He waited a few more minutes.  Nothing changed.  The
computer, of course, was attempting to figure out every logical
move possible to win the game.  My friend went and got a cup of
coffee and returned.  Nothing had changed.  He got up, after
downing his coffee, and went and did some work around the house
and yard and came back an hour later.  The computer was still
working on it's first move.  He switched the computer off.

     Comparing this, the scientist said, to a quantum mechanics
computer, of which there are none, at this writing, in existence,
but theoretically they claim one is possible, it would see the
entire universe, with all of its visible and invisible, elements,
collectively.  Such a quantum computer could function totally
independently on every single aspect of the chest match and
logically to the completed end of the game.  In other words, a
quantum computer could never lose.  It could be thinking,
independently, and simultaneously, on every possible move
unlimitlessly and it would all occur at the exact same time.  In
short, the quantum computer would never make a mistake and never
be wrong.  Sound like anybody you know?  Now, the scientist said,
we can expand this concept to the entire universe and to all the
parallel universes since quantum mechanics and quantum physics.

     About this time, I began laughing as I listened to the
explanation of the quantum physicist.  When we moved beyond the
DOS stage of computer functionality, multi tasking has become the
norm.  Most of us using computers, run various programs all at
the same time without even being aware of their presence.  Sound
like anybody you know?  If there is a God, therefore,
theoretically speaking, of course, and He has created everything
and even maintains everything simultaneously, is should be clear
God is infinite.  Of course, such is exactly the case according to
the Bible in Colossians 3:15-17 and I quote:  "Who is the image of
the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation:
16  for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon
the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or
dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been
created through him, and unto him:
17  and he is before all things, and in him all things consist."

     In mathematic quantum mechanics theory, therefore, does God
exist?  If so, how and what is He?  He isn't a mathematic equation
because he is infinite.  Therefore, no mathematical calculation
could compute God.  The quantum mechanics characteristics of His
existence merges theory with fact.  His creation confirms His
existence of real.  What is he?  He is like his creation, that is,
man because He created us in His image.  Who is God and of what is
He made?  1 times 1 equals God.

The Curse That Works Is The One We Believe
WWW.SafePlaceFellowship.com