ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cecily Ballenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:38:24 -0700
Amy, when I was living at home, my Mom basically didn't want me to do much.
I guess she was afraid that I would make a big mess or something, like for
baking cookies or making a cake.  After I went to rehab and did the
termination meal and invited my mother, she came and watched with great
trepidation.  She overcame her fear, however, and realized that I could
cook.  Basically during the summer months, all my sister and I were allowed
to do was shell peas, snap beans, husk corn, polish silverware, and do
dusting.  I think one time mom did let me try my hand at vacuuming.  Oh
well.  When I told her I wanted to move away and go to college, she was all
for it.  I was afraid she wouldn't let me go.  I guess she knows I can be
independent, but she just doesn't want to be the teacher.  Take care all,
and have a nice evening.

Cecily