ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2006 15:41:51 -0400
Well, Chris is off the streets and beginning again.  He is keeping
his nose clean, for now anyway.  His court appearance was on August
20.  He ended up having to pay a fine of $250 for the supposed theft
of the computer, but all the other charges were dropped.  He has
worked it out with the court to pay $50 a week until the debt is
paid.  He has been working full time At Burger King since around
August 4 and he, just today, put $200 down on a one room efficiency
apartment in Bangor.  He's been sleeping on the streets since my last
post when he spent the night at our house.  Some one from the
airforce, a Sargeant Peebles, called the other day and I put him in
touch with Chris.  Now, it's all up to Chris.  He needs to produce
his court records and complete taking his G.E.D. test, but, I still
think that he could go into the Airforce, if he can stay out of
trouble.  When he talks now, he often expresses regret over his past
and the records that he has created.  Greg just brought him home to
get the rest of his stuff and Greg and Caleb are helping him to move
into his room.  I brought out his bible and I asked him if he would
like to have it.  He said "yes," and took it.  At least for today,
Chris took one step forward.  I just pray that two steps back won't
be coming soon, but one never knows.  The sad thing is that Chris has
told me that he has learned one lesson very well and that is that, in
his opinion, "you can't trust other people."  I pray that he will
learn Who he can trust completely, soon.
Kathy