ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:54:57 -0600
Rhonda.
All those things you described come out of a self minded motivation.   If
people were to focus on God and not how quote, I, feel about this or that
or how quote, I, can make others feel about me regarding  Christianity,
they'd find it is all very simple and satisfying in itself without having
to impose there own designs on God's word

Brad

At 12:36 PM 11/24/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I like your thoughts, I was once in a church where one always had to be
>doing something, pray an hour a day, read at least three chapters of the
>Bible a day, attend church whenever something was going on, obligation! you
>had plenty, not keeping them, or falling short brought condemnation, *guess
>they didn't read the verse in Romans 8 about there being no condemnation*
>It's odd when we stop and think about our relationship with God,
>is he a vending machine where one need only insert the correct prayer in
>order to get the desired outcome?
>Is he some sort of magic charm where we have a limited number of wishes, and
>need only ask and believe to receive them?
>Some say God is a father, but many of our earthly fathers have damaged that
>picture for us.
>
>We  love, because we were  loved first, not because we  fear!
>it's not a love Me or else kind of thing, it's like a revelation,
>God knows everything about me, all the things only the walls know, and yet
>He gave the ultimate sacrifice for me,
>
>I love it when we have conversations about different topics, it's so
>interesting to see what others think, and to be challenged to think myself.
>
>Rhonda

Brad

   FREE  & Talking Classifieds available at:
HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Connecting people's goods  with the good people of NW Wisconsin and
Greater Twin Cities!