ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jackie Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2013 20:58:11 -0700
Yes, Phil, we too have been there many times, as my husband and I
have been married for 42 years this August.

Upon my retirement in 2011, we found that we also had an upside down
mortgage, and we would no longer be able to afford
almost $1400 in house payments.  This was just before they initiated
financial programs to help home owners in our situation.  Therefore,
we had to foreclose on our house, though that was the last thing we
wanted to do.

Now we have been renting an apartment in Portland,as we have moved
from Salem; and though we have lost our home, we are still finding
that God does answer prayer, as he helped us to find an apartment
about a block away from where my Mom used to live, so we knew the
area.  The apartment is small, but then there is no upkeep.

We are about to move to a larger apartment, costing $10 less per
month, with a washer and dryer, as well as a dish washer.  It's
amazing how much you take appliances such as these for granted!

Although God didn't answer our prayers as expected, he answered them
in a way that was best for us.  He knew what we needed before we
did.  PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Jackie