ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:35:15 -0500
Hey, Matt

Good for you.  Your note shows you are growing a discerning Spirit and
understanding the difference between the Truth and a lie.  The myth of
Lilith is very old and the result of, as you say, human beings trying to
understand something on their own terms so they don't have to accept GOD on
His terms.  Submissive wife?  Well, if GOD wants women to be submissive and
Eve is that wife, let us creat an anti-Eve in our own image who predates her
(and therefore succeeds her), and we come up with Lilith.  Lillith actually
is a Hebrew word and is in the Book of Isaiah, but it is interpreted as a
night creature of the desert.  Like those other creatures Brad mentioned
like Leviathan which we're really not certain about and might be dinosaurs
or might not.  It (the myth of Lilith) actually has its roots in mythology
going very far back, as a goddess or a demon, considered a creature or demon
of darkness.  The Talmud, which is a collection of very old sayings by
Rabbis and some very complex attempts at describing the indescribable,
considers Lilith (or the plural of the word) to be demons or evil creatures.
Some of those Rabbis say that Adam kept himself away from Eve because he
felt so bad for bringing evil into the world and that, when alone, had sex
with these mysterious creatures of the dark, bringing evil creatures into
the world.  Paul may have been referring to this as a way to warn men not to
withhold sex from their wives and wives not to withhold sex from their
husbands in 1 Corinthians 7:5.  But, as he did in Acts, referring to the
Unknown God, if he was referring to this myth, he did so only to relate to
the audience and not to say the myth was true, only that the practice of
husbands and wives withholding sex from each other was wrong.  As you
rightly said, all of that is just a distraction from the Truth of the Bible.

As far as television, except for maybe (and I emphasize maybe) some dramas
on Trinity Broadcasting Network you are not going to get anything nearly
accurate on the Bible on TV.  They are too much in love with their human
minds and trying to act like they are ever so much more knowledgeable than
the Bible and the poor schnooks who believe it.  Sigh.  A good example of
this is the History Channel.  Around Christmas and Easter you will always
see the History Channel doing programs on quote the real JESUS unquote and
there have been books on quote the historical JESUS unquote.  But that's far
from the Truth.  Instead they interject all sorts of lies and conjecture and
just stupid rumors, anything to give a new angle to the old, old story.
Anything to tickle ears as Paul says in 2 Timothy 4:3.  Even classic movies
like JESUS of Nazareth, etc. end up twisting things, putting words in the
mouths of Mary and Joseph, etc. and rearranging conversations and Scriptures
to the point where even gentle-souled lions end up screaming at the
television.  Smile.

The Bible or the Bible on CD or tape (and maybe those movies such as the
JESUS movie that are word for word from the Gospels) are your only safe
choices on the Truth.

Paul