ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jenifer Gilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:21:13 -0400
~~~~~~~ SPECIAL THOUGHTS:
Kumar, a Christian in South India, was grieved because none of the 13 people
he had invited came to watch a Billy Graham evangelistic broadcast at his
home
on December 23rd. He began to pray, and around 9 p.m. he felt God compelling
him to invite his wife's sister's family to watch the next night's
broadcast.
Immediately he set about to contact them.
It wasn't easy. His sister-in-law's family had no phone, so Kumar had to
call their neighbor and plead with him to go and bring them to the phone for
an
urgent message. When his brother-in-law, Satish, reached the phone, Kumar
asked him and his family to catch a bus to his city as soon as possible.
Satish
said he had no money. Kumar encouraged him to borrow the money and said that
he would reimburse Satish for the tickets.
Satish consented, and at 4 a.m. he and his family boarded a bus for the long
trip to Kumar's house. They arrived at 5 p.m., and an hour later they
watched
the My Hope telecast from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
Afterward, Kumar gave his testimony and asked if the others wanted to put
their faith
in Christ. They were all looking at one another, and Kumar wondered what
they were thinking. Then Satish, noticeably distressed, stood and explained
that
he had lost his job because the tea factory that he worked for had closed.
Further, the company was demanding that the family vacate their
company-owned
house. Seeing no hope, the family had decided that on December 25 they were
all going to commit suicide.
Now they saw that through Jesus there is hope, and they prayed with Kumar to
accept Christ. Satish said he felt like a new man, and, after staying
several
more days with Kumar, the family returned home ready to face the future with
Christ.

Jenifer gilley
"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble
remembering how to fly."
Author unknown
AIM: jenibear1998
msn