ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:46:06 -0500
Just in case any of you were wondering about the latest about
Christopher, he's lucky that he's not living here any more because I
would have a very hard time fighting the urge to wring his
neck!   GRRR.  For those of you who don't know, that's parent talk
for, "I'm frustrated!!!"
        He called me on Saturday evening, around 11:00 pm. to let me know
that his wallet has been stolen, again.  He's out his rent money.  I
suspect his girl friend's little brother, and I believe Chris does
too, , again for the second time, but   You should have heard his
girl friend protesting and protecting her little brother  in the
background.  Blood is definitely thicker than morality in that house,
but considering the family's history, blood is about all they've got!
          Then, we got a call around 6:00 am on Sunday morning from
McDonalds.  One of Chris's coe workers was looking for him.  Chris
had borrowed his car for the night.  Evidently, this guy was working
the night shift.  Anyway, Chris was more than a half hour overdue for
returning it.  So, let's see, Chris has no insurance and, with his
wallet missing, he has no license, but he's driving someone
else's  car and, since he probably didn't get caught, he can go on
believing that he has done nothing wrong.
        Chris actually called home again on Sunday afternoon, but he refused
to answer any questions or give out any information.  I'm assuming
that the car must have been returned at some point, but Chris
wouldn't say.  He basicly reminded me that I wasn't responsible for
him any more and hung up on me.  I"m angry more than anything at the
fact that Chris can just continue to get away with this stupidity
because there are bigger fish to fry, so to speak, in the legal system;.
        In the news right now, here in main, is a case of a trucker who
killed a woman last summer.  He had 63 prior traffic violations and
22 license suspensions, but the courts were only going to charge him
with a misdemeanor until, finally, this weekend, his blood results
came back and they found traces of pot in it.  Now, finally, he will
face man slaughter charges, but this could have been prevented if
someone had wanted to take his behavior more seriously so much
earlier.    So I know that, unless God moves in some very mysterious
ways, chris could be headed down that same road of just laughing at
our justice system and it makes me angry because I know that he is so
much more capable than that!
Kathy