ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2010 10:16:42 -0400
Today Ben and I went  to have breakfast at a place about half a mile from
our house. The  lady there aksed about my blindness and said her son had a
daughter whose ear drum didn't develop properly. One ear didn't work, and
the other not well at all. tThe parrents are  Christian and have prayed for
her....she seems better and is speak some The son is overprotective of the
daughter treating her differently from his other kids Sge asjed ne what I
thought. I told her that the child needed to be treated the same as far as
behavvior went She mentioned that the grandfather heard that the child would
not be able to hear and  said he wouldn't accpet that and began to pray. I
believe God does miracles, but this is my question.....if we have asked God
and  we are still with out hearing or sight, I believe it is our
responsibility to live our life the best way we can with the disability. It
may be that the child improves in the future....but until then....give her
every advantage...speech therapy for example. So what do you think a
Christian response to disability should be?
This list is too quiet so I wanted to spark some conversation.

Rhonda. . .

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5192 (20100612) __________

http://www.eset.com