ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 14:04:26 -0700
author's Note.

If you don't like hearing about demons, what they do, and how they deceive
Christians, you should not read the following article.  The person in the
testimony has given me permission to use her story as a spring board into
the topic we all need to be aware of so we are not ignorant of his devices
according to the Words of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Where Demons Hide

By Phil Scovell

     She was standing up in her crib.  It was night and her
parents had left the hospital several hours earlier.  She was
afraid.  She couldn't see normally in the first place and the
darkness of the late night hours of the hospital made it even
worse.

     A nurse heard her cries and came to comfort her.  "Your
parents are at home but they will be back in the morning.  We are
here so you aren't alone.  It's ok to lay down and to go back to
sleep," the nurse said softly.

     The little girl didn't feel safe.  This woman somehow made
her feel even worse.  "I want my mom and dad."

     "They'll be back in the morning, honey, so you'll be ok until
then.  We won't leave you alone."

     she felt alone, though, and somehow lonely, too.

     As we prayed, the Lord had taken her directly to this very
early childhood memory.  Some of the noise and clutter was sorted
out but then she suddenly went blank.  I prayed, touching some
things I had noticed as we prayed, but still she felt blocked.  In
such cases, it isn't uncommon for there to be a demon blockage of
some sort occurring but I have learned, it isn't always a lying
spirit directly associated with the person with whom I am praying.
I have, therefore, learned to look around, as it were, and to pray
about the other people often involved with the original memory
event.  In this case, it was the nurse.  She had mentioned, as we
prayed, that this particular nurse, every time she came into the
room, made her feel uncomfortable.  It wasn't exactly her words
but just something about her she, as a two year old, didn't like.

     Praying, I asked the Lord Jesus if there was anything else in
the room we needed to see.  There it was!  A dark, almost amorphous
inky black shape, back in the corner of the room.  The woman said
she could hear it speaking in her thoughts.  "Your parents will
never be back.  It is your fault you are here," and many other
frightening things she now could hear coming from the ominous
black shape.

     I felt led by the Holy Spirit to ask, "Lord Jesus, does this
lying spirit have any right to be here?"

     The woman reported that the figure immediately exited the
room.  She reported she definitely felt it was associated with the
nurse with which she felt uncomfortable.

     Praying further, another, but much more defined, evil figure
was in the room.  She reported this feeling was almost tangible
and almost always around her dad.  We prayed and it left as well.
You might find it interesting to know that her mom committed
suicide due to hearing voices and seeing dark things moving around
in her house, when this woman was only 6 years of age.
Additionally, her father, after killing another man and serving a
prison term, committed suicide when she was only 15 years old.

     As I have mentioned, not all demons are directly associated
with the person and the events which took place.  Some are
residents of the room or house or building or even of a given
area.  At least, so the demons  say.  this is very likely why many
people report poltergeists living in their home.  By the way, they
can appear as small children to adult size or even balls of
glowing light or any numbers of shapes and forms.  Haunted houses,
thus called, have been around for literally centuries.  No, these
are not people who have died some horrible death and their spirit
left behind as psychics claim.  I don't care if you've been to a
psychic who speaks to the dead and you've gotten enough
information that you think you have literally communicated with
your loved one who has, as they say, "passed over."  I don't care
if you've been in a seance and heard a voice that sounded
amazingly like your grandmother coming through another person's
voice.  I don't care if you used a Ouija board and communicated
with what seemed to be your dead mother.  In every case, you are
not talking to the dead but to lying spirits.

     Electronic Voice Phenomena, commonly shorted to EVP), is a
ghost hunting technique, now used by many people, who take tape
recorders, and other electronic recording devices, into haunted
houses.  While the tape is running, the person encourages, by
speaking softly, to any entities in the room, to speak or make
themselves heard.  Later, the tapes are reviewed and yes, often,
clear voices can be heard saying various things.  For example, if
a person was murdered in the home or perhaps died of some
childhood disease, these ghost hunters will traverse the entire
dwelling, perhaps spending many hours, and then later will analyze
the recordings they made.  In some cases, they go to cemeteries
and walk around the tombstones carrying out the same type of a
electronic search.

     The short bursts of recorded voices and sounds they gather
are then studied until they are certain what was spoken.  Some are
very clear, some are very faint, some echo as if very distant, and
some are garbled and muffled on the tapes.

     Research is then conducted to see if anyone died, or was
killed, or murdered, in the house.  A little girl's voice may say,
"Mommy, help me" on the tape recordings and at times, the voices
recorded are very clear.  The researchers, ghost hunters, then
begin to study the history involved.  Sometimes, in fact, quite
often, they discover a little girl died 75 years ago in that vary
house.  Such confirmations are fairly common in the research and
EVP recordings.  The question is, "what are they hearing?"

     A newer term called Instrumental Trans Communications, or ITS
for short, has recently emerged.  This term encompasses all forms
of communications of any type with the dead.  The methodology is
basically the same as it is with EVP in many respects but it
simply includes all forms of communications beyond the spoken
word.  I have heard of at least one person who claims to have made
a device that allows people to speak directly to a dead relative
without going through a medium or a psychic.  If my memory serves
me, even a movie was made of this technique.  Some ghost hunters
use photographic equipment as well.  The evidence they claim is
when human type shapes in the pictures are seen, sometimes ghostly
in nature and other times quite distinct, once developed.  Thus,
ITC is the terminology that includes all such ghost hunting
necrophilia criteria.

     These forms of communicating with the dead are supposedly
substantiated by a term called the "Survival Hypothesis."  This
theory states that we are nonphysical entities living in a
physical body.  Thus, our physical body allows us to remain in
this physical world or dimension.  When the body dies, the soul,
or spirit, or nonphysical entity is thus free to move about
without the encumbrance of a physical body.  This places the human
spirit into another dimension.  the hypotheses includes the
supposition that the spirit entity, is thus still alive, howbeit,
in another form, and furthermore, it was pre-existent as well.  In
other words, we existed before and after the physical body.  Sound
like anything you have heard before?  How about reincarnation for
starters.

     My point is that we, as intercessors, and especially those of
us working with people individually, need to be aware that demons
don't play fair, they lie, and they at all times attempt to
maintain control of a situation or circumstances through
manipulation, deceit, and fear.  In short, it is time to put on
the whole armor of God as an intercessor and become as wise as
serpents and as harmless as doves, (Matthew 10:16).