ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Keith P Hodges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:00:14 +0100
>Guys, I really need some prayer, bigtime.  I'm on the verge of really
>telling Kristin's mom off bigtime.  For the past two days, all she's done is
be nothing but totally rude to me.

that is a shame

>sooner, and... excuse? excuse? excuse!  Why can't they take responsibility
>for their own damned problems!  Parden the language, but I'm irate!  Her mom

agreed

>a teeny bit angry at Kristin, as she knew she had limited minutes, but
>apparently, she didn't care.  Her and I really need to talk, but on her
>level of sinsitivity, I don't want to make myself look like I'm talking down

... snip...
>running late, the least they could have done is call and let me know, for
>Christ's sake!

yes they could

>Just... just.. please pray, that's all I'll ask at this point.
>
>Chris.

Dear Chris,

I hope that things have calmed down now...

Kristin's mum sounds like I used to be; as in really inconsiderate of
others, especially when it comes to being late or missing
appointments and nothing was ever my fault. It has taken a lot of
work for God to get me to change and I am still a work in progress.
The pattern of shifting blame and never accepting responsibility is
something else I have had to overcome in my own life.

When things do not go according to my plans I always ask the lord "ok
then what is plan A then?" (my plan must have been plan B).

These things do stress us out, and perhaps we should be able to
handle them more calmly but that does not make them right.
Nevertheless examine your heart look at all the anger and frustration
that came out. Might I encourage you to pray  and ask the Lord,
"where did that lot come from?"

If you ask the Lord to show you where all these emotions came from
and how to get your heart healed and restored and to help you to
understand how to be more like him in that situation. Then you will
find that perhaps Kirstens mum has done you a favour helping you in
your healing journey with the Lord!

Sometimes I am not a very emotional person. I need a situation to
really stir me up and upset me in order to know that I need healing
in my own heart. God wants us to be healed and strengthened, the bad
news is that he uses difficult relationships and situations to bring
us to that point of desperation and to work changes in us! It kind of
like a hammer working on an anvil.

The well known minister (UK) Graham Cooke refers to such a person as
a "grace grower". Someone difficult the Lord allows to cross our
path, to teach us how grow in grace through difficult experiences. It
looks like you have found yours.

Even better (yippee English sarcasm) he will use your soul mate, the
ones that are closest to your heart to do the deepest digging, to
reach to the hardest to reach places. The good news is that if you
work through these things with the Lord you will benefit loads.

I do hope that you can find help in some of what I have said

your friend and servant in Christ

Keith