ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:40:32 -0700
My son and I just got home from seeing John and Vicki.  Her mom is with her.
John had just gotten back from having his heart catheterization.  The
arteries have no blockage, the way I understand it, but there was a tear, if
I understood this correctly, in the heart muscle.  Vicki will be home later
tonight so I'll try and find out more specifics if she is up a little later.
She can tell Sandy what the doctor said and maybe Sandy will understand
better than what I got out of it.  I understood it to be something that
surgery cannot correct but I heard John say that they might be running some
other tests before he leaves the hospital in a couple of days.  He is going
to remain flat on his back for several hours.  John was pretty groggy and a
little loopy from the angiogram but he wasn't having much pain any longer
other than his back hurt.  They gave him some muscle relaxer while I was
still there.  He has a very nice nurse we met and she'll be his nurse all
night.  He got to drink some apple juice while we were there and although
they could get him some soft foods to eat, he wasn't too hungry yet.  If I
hear more tonight, I'll let you know.

Phil.