ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:13:36 -0500
Phil,
         Your messages always leave me wishing that there were
something that I could do or say to make everything better.  As you
know, however, that isn't possible.
           You know, it was amazing to me to see how well Chris
responded to being in juvinile detension.  It's sad, but it was like
he was just so glad that someone else was finally in control.  I
mean, he was a model prisoner.  What a sad thing to be proud of.  Do
you suppose that Gretchen may be a bit like that?  I mean, she did
well while she was in a structured program a while back.  Do you
think that it is possible that some people just can't handle their
free will?  We're watching Chris just drift all over the board right
now.  He knows what he should be doing, but he doesn't seem to have
the internal will to make himself do what he knows is right.  While
he fights against our structure, the truth is that he did, and does
better under external structure than if left to his own
devices.  Sadly, If Gretchen is like that, she may actually feel
safer in some form of prison or holding system because she won't have
to call the shots for her life for a while.
         Pardon my rambling.  I suppose you could say that I'm just
thinking aloud.  I know that what I have said hasn't really helped at
all.  Nothing can really take away this kind of pain.  I know it
well.  I just keep praying for you guys.  I'm glad that the children
are finding substitutes for her mothering  through you and Sandy and
your son.  Some kids don't even have that, but I know that that
knowledge doesn't really help you feel better either.
God's peace to you all,
Kathy