ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:47:03 +0100
Hi all,

I thought I'd just fill you in with things here.

First, it's a few degrees cooler and everyone is smiling with pure relief!
Praise God!  I still need it a little cooler!

Second, our friend who was seriously ill in hospital is now at home
recovering but is still very weak.  We have communicated via email via her
husband.  Pray the Lord will speak to me about any other moves I can make to
put right the situation with the four of us.  Pray also, please, because I
still feel hurt at the way they have treated me over quite a long period but
do want to do what is right in the eyes of the Lord!

I have a friend coming to stay on Wednesday for five days.  She suffers a
good deal of mental illness and sight problems but is generally good to have
around.  However, she has not wanted to face some real big dissociative
behaviour in her life and she can be open to self-harm at times.  Pray I'll
be able to look after her and speak the Lord's Word in season.

Finally, our Fabian (my ex-guide dog) is doing a bit better the past few
days, but he sees the vet again at the end of the week when a change of
drugs (away from the steroids) may be the way to go.  This means that they
may not hold his arthritis in sufficient check any more for him to have a
quality of life that we can support.  He is a heavy dog and I am not able to
lift him in and out at all.  At present I am managing him by the use of his
favourite tablets to give him enough persuasion to make that last big
effort, but this is hard all round.  God has not spoken to us about our
taking any different step, so we just persevere and enjoy what little time
we have left with him.

Well, that's all at my side of the pond!  Thanks for being there for me!
How much it's appreciated!

Love in Him:

--
Carol