ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:05:22 -0600
Kerri,

Your story is amazingly common.  I just came back from a massage therapist
who works on my son and I from time to time.  Last Friday, the Lord told me
to call Lisa, the massage therapist, and to make an appointment.  I said,
Lord, I don't really have the money right now.  He said, I want you to go
and talk to Lisa and reach out to her and ask her if she would start having
prayer sessions with you so I can heal her.  So I went.  Lisa began talking
and telling me all about her family life and that she recently was put on
antidepressants and the last nine months of her life have been so totally
screwed up.  I talked to her and answered her questions and comments as she
worked on me and then she said, as she was working on my left arm, Maybe I
should come pray with you.  I began laughing and I said, Well, Lisa, to tell
you the truth, I didn't really need to come in today but the Lord told me to
and to ask if you would let me pray with you about the things we are talking
about.  She immediately said yes and that she was so thankful I offered.
So, we are setting up a time to meet soon.  However, Kerri, my point is that
Lisa talked about many similar things which now are effecting her as an
adult which occurred when she was young.  It is no longer amazing to me, I
guess, how many times little ones were effected by things parents said or an
uncle or aunt, or even a grandparent said to them when they were real young.
Such fear or guilt has a way of creeping into other areas of our lives and
screwing up other things.  Fortunately, there is a fix for all of it in the
healing power of Jesus.

Phil.