ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:55:58 -0700
Karen,

the farm is primarily for crops.  My dad is retired, so he doesn't have much
land left to work with.  My brother may still have cattle, though.  he
raises mint, and I think wheat and hay.  They have raised Pinto Beans, sugar
beets, and have rented out land for potatoes.  their neighbor has raised
field corn too.  When I was a girl we had chickens, some cattle, and
sometimes bummer lambs, which have been taken from their mothers, probably
because they were rejected.  I like the sound of the very young lamb; It
sounds like a human child's voice.  I also like to hear a bunch of sheep
bahing; It's a kind of music to me.  My brother sometimes raised pigs.  We
don't raise sugar beets anymore, and I'm not sure if my brother who lives
close to my parents will raise Pinto Beans anymore.

Sharon