ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:53:28 -0600
Hi again!

Perhaps I should have explained what the FM system is, in case you don't
know:  It consists of a transmitter, a microphone, in this case, and a
receiver with a loop connected to it that goes around my neck.  My hearing
aid then pick up the sounds that travel from the transmitter to the loop.
The hearing aids have what is called a "T Coil", which, as I understand it,
picks up electromagnetic signals that are coming from close by, such as with
a telephone, a headset, and, in this case, the loop on the FM system.  Since
the sounds are broadcast directly to my hearing aids, they bypass much of
the background environmental noise, and also the acoustics of a building,
just like listening to the radio with headphones; you don't hear other
sounds or echoes from the radio station outside the soundbooth.

HTH

Let's do holiday shopping without waiting in line!

http://www.mypowermall.net/cgi-bin/pd/pd.cgi?showmpmcard=11920731470.9512939453125.card

Sharon