ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:56:17 -0400
Oh Brad,
        Your post is such a relief that, perhaps, we are making the right
choice.  My Chris sounds so much like your son, hands on and everything
except that Chris is more in to building, not eletronics.  Yet, he is
refusing to take any courses in carpentry or building.  He thinks that he
already knows it all and he would probably flunk if he did take a course
because he wouldn't do things the way the instructor asked, and chris's
explanation would no doubt be that the instructor is "stupid!"  My Chris
understands the hurt in the wallet more than anything right now too so
we've just decided that, some day, Chris will finally buckle down when he
sees all the losers who hit the books pull ahead of him financially and
he'll begin to rethink his priorities.  The thing is, I know from
comments he makes from time to time, that what we've taught him is still
down there, somewhere, churning around.  He's just trying to prove us
wrong right now.  His goal in life is to prove that he's right.  Can you
say "CRASH big time," dead ahead?
        Thanks for saying I"m not a wimp, though I feel like it
sometimes.  I'm just tired of the fighting and Greg and I value the
relationship more than anything else.  That's what has to be preserved.
He'll learn life's lessons in God's time, but we want to get through all
this with him and not against him.
Kathy

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!