ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Angel238 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:18:45 -0500
Jesus is the second person of the trinity, thus he along with God and the
holy spirit is God.  God is the triune.  I looked back at what I said, and I
don't believe I called her the mother of God.  I called her the mother of
our Lord.  This is a title I give to Jesus.  Is he not Our Lord?  Many in
this country abhor titles but not so in other parts of the world.  I believe
Jesus deserves the title along with all the respect and more the title
deserves.  Perhaps there is no place for us Catholics on this list if we are
to be taken to task for phrases we use which are particular to our faith.
To us Mary is our mother and that is how we refer to her.  I still don't
understand why you would feel she isn't your mother if you are Jesus'
brother and she was his mother.  When a child is adopted on earth by law the
adopted parents become mother and father to the adopted child just as surely
as if they had actually given birth to the child naturally. There will
always be differences between our faiths, and we must be tolerant of these
differences, even though they may not be entirely understood.  I am sorry if
what I said offended any of you.  I will no longer refer on this list to my
relationship to the holy family.