ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:47:46 -0500
That is a good word Ned. As my pastor in Texas says... It is hard to
believe those who say they'd die for Christ when they find difficulty
living for him.

Brad

Ned Benton wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_0052_01C49F41.BB2AA000
>

>     This was a devotion from the Campus Christian Fellowship that I =3D
>receive.  I have cut and pasteed so you don't have all that other stuff.
>May it bless and encourage us all.
>Shine
>"LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE BEFORE MEN, THAT THEY MAY SEE YOUR GOOD DEEDS AND =
>=3D
>PRAISE YOUR
>FATHER IN HEAVEN."
>MATTHEW 5:16
>Do people ever look at you and think,
>"How come ______ lives in basically the same circumstances as me, yet =
>=3D
>______ lives
>a very different kind of life?  Why is ______'s love so deep and lasting =
>=3D
>while mine
>is so
>shallow?  How can _____ forgive and not hold a grudge? How can _____ =3D
>have such integrity?"
>Do people feel more alive when they're around you?  Do they wonder why =
>=3D
>you're so
>unselfish?  Do people enjoy being in your home because of the atmosphere =
>=3D
>or the way
>they are treated when they're there?
>These questions are important because some of the nicest people you know =
>=3D
>(and some
>of the most successful) are wandering around in spiritual darkness.  =3D
>They don't have
>so much as a ray of light to show them the way home!  When the truth of =
>=3D
>that hits
>you, you'll become aware of the impact your lifestyle has on those =3D
>around you.  Being
>a shining light is pretty useless if all we do is just run around =3D
>shining our lights
>on each other.  Instead, Jesus said, "Let your light shine before men" =
>=3D
>(Matt 5:16
>NIV).  Why?  So that those in darkness can see the difference walking in =
>=3D
>the light
>makes and they'll want what we have!
>When others look at you today, what will they see?  Your love?  Your =3D
>consistency?
>A visible
>manifestation of Christ's life being lived through you - in everyday =3D
>life?
>People will be attracted to Jesus, only when we make Him attractive!
>Live so people will ask, "What's your secret?". Be ready to reply, "I'm =
>=3D
>glad you
>asked!" - a    nd then point them to Jesus so He can light their way hom
>
>Hope this doesn't have that other stuff in it.
>e!
>------=_NextPart_000_0052_01C49F41.BB2AA000

> [...]

   FREE  & Talking Classifieds available at:
HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Connecting people's goods  with the good people of NW Wisconsin and
Greater Twin Cities!