ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2014 12:08:21 -0500
But, at some time we earthly parents must realize children do become adults,
and are no longer babies.  Neither should they be treated as babies.  Else,
they will never learn to stand on their own.  God, as we earthly parents do,
gives his children principles whereby to reach success, both physically and
mentally.  If we don't follow those principles we must reap the consequences
of our foolish decisions.  I had to come to this realization regarding my
own adult son.  I had to realize if I continued to bale him out of all the
difficulties in which he found himself, he would never learn to stand up on
his own, and to solve his own problems.  He was continuing to make the same
mistakes, and was expecting me to come, like a super hero and to extricate
him from problems which were his own fault.  Which could have been avoided
had he listened to me in the first place.  Thereby, I would be defeating
Gods mandate to be as fine a parent as I could be.  As that was the  job
assigned me.  The principles by which we should live our lives is written in
the bible.  Too often we ask God to get us out of situations we have often
put ourselves in to through our own poor decisions or lack of learning
effective problem solving skills.  Or by not following the ways prescribed
us by biblical principles or instructions.  Rather than asking him to show
us where we failed and how to extricate ourselves.  Promising him we will do
our best to learn from each difficulty.  That such might not befall us in
future.  An example of which is the prescript to cast all our worries and
cares on Jesus, and to take his burden upon us.  As his burden is light.  If
we actually followed this prescript, how much less would we have to be
concerned over?  How much lower would our blood pressure be? How much freer
would we be to concentrate on what we truly want to do in our lives?  Rather
than being distracted by useless concerns and worries.  If we truly
believed, for example, God gives us nothing we haven't the strength to
overcome.  We would act on this knowledge, and proceed to find the strength
within ourselves through Christ who strengthens each of us, to overcome our
difficulties.  Too many people are like those who never want to grow up and
always want to remain immature children.  Because it is easier to expect and
to prey on Gods enormous love for us to get us out of situations for which
God has given to us answers in the Bible.  I know this from personal
experience.  My son fully well understands my love for him has gotten him
out of several situations based on his personal promise he will do better,
or is doing better, and all he needs from me is some sort of physical
support.  Whether that support take the form of financial support or taking
him back to live with me.  When last I refused.  Because he needed to learn
not to make such foolish mistakes as he had made he accused me of not caring
whether he froze to death in the cold.  How often do people accuse God of
not caring when all he wants from us is to grow up.