ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:50:30 -0400
Thank you Sandy and Lelia, and everybody really!  I am so glad that I
have all of you to turn to when this stuff happens.

This evening, I just couldn't stand it any more.  Chris was in the
kitchen and I went out to him and I asked if I could have a hug.  At
first he resisted, but then, he yielded and gave me a big hug and kiss
and appologized.  He admitted  that he's stressed out with school
starting and drivers Ed. and his job.  I just listened and didn't lecture
or anything.  I pray that he will go back to Eric because his way of
handling stress is really inappropriate and he needs to learn some
techniques for handling it better.  Plus, there is this whole legal
thing!!  The police were a joke today.  How frustrating!

By the way, remember the court date that we had for last March?  Well, we
found out more about what happened to that today.  We started  int
calling around on our own, after the police walked out on us.  We called
our local probation officer and found out that she still had our name
from last March, but that the charges had been dropped.  Really?  Not by
us!!  We had been told to wait for the paper work to catch up with the
case so we trusted in the system.  Oh, foolish us!  We didn't drop the
case, the officer did, evidently.  Now, Greg has called that officer back
to find out why, but, of course, he hasn't returned the call yet.  I
think that the policeman today was almost laughing at us.  Chris had put
a fist on my chin and then said that he would rather beat up Greg, rather
than a blind woman, so he called Greg on the phone and tried to have him
walk into an ambush.  I mannaged to get out and met Greg in the driveway
and told him not to go in.  He had started banging things around while I
was still in the house and it had sounded as if he had smashed the
digital camera so I was glad to get out.    We called the police on the
cell phone in the driveway and the police said that that wasn't enough to
charge Chris with criminal intent.  The policeman said that he would have
to be able to prove that Chris was trying to kill us or himself before he
could do anything.  We have nowhere to send him and no one will take him.
 Oh, I'm so sick of Maine!!  If that doesn't prove that Chris has all the
rights under the law, I don't know what does.  Oh sure, we can take stuff
away, and if he doesn't like it and trashes the house, we truthfully face
at least a fifty fifty chance that the courts will side with him that
we're just too controling.  You really have to be a creative parent today
to survive.  Oh well, enough venting for one note.
God bless, everybody and thanks for the prayers.  I just pray that  Chris
will go see Eric tomorrow, but, it's not looking too good for our team at
this point.
Kathy

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!