ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kim Etheridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:58:08 -0600
I love you too, and thanks for your prayers. As I mentioned earlier, Sylvia,
Mariah's Mom sounds hopeful, and she says that although Mariah hates it when
they have to operate, she's being a trooper. Well, God was with me today,
while I was getting the blood sucked out of me at the doctor's office. They
make us wait in a doctor patient room for half an hour, only to stick me
three times, trying to draw blood. I'd asked that Wendy, the nurse who
usually draws my blood, and does it right the first time do it, but she was
either busy with another patient, or well, I don't know. Anyway, they prick
my good vein, and only a few drops of blood go into the tube, so they yank
the needle out, and prick one of the veins in the back of my hand, but only
a few drops come out of that vein, so they pricked a vein, or at least they
thought it was a vein, in the palm of my hand. Ouch! I almost fainted, when
they pricked me there. I thought they weren't supposed to prick a patient
where there was no vein. Anyway, it took them forever, and the nurse who did
it told me to pray that the blood would keep coming. I strongly believe
she's a Christian, and her name is Jennifer. I have a sister named Jennifer.
Anyway, they called earlier with the results, and I need a retake in six
weeks. Please pray they get it the first time, and either Jennifer or Wendy
are available. Anyway, when we got home, I had to clean the area on the palm
of my hand where they pricked me. I was concerned that it would get
infected, since it's an unusual area to take blood. I cleaned it with
peroxide. I just pray that did the trick. I know I probably should have used
alcohol, but how could I when we didn't have any? Anyway, please pray that
my liver enzymes go down the next time they check it, and that whichever
nurse draws it manages to get it the first time. I tell you, some veins are
about as unreliable as some computers.